Enter your e-mail address to receive periodic updates on TPC publications and events.
Low-Income: current and historical poverty thresholds for different family sizes; income and payroll taxes for low-income families; Earned Income Tax Credit Details.
- Family Taxes - poverty and tax thresholds, and taxes paid by different family sizes, from 1996 to 2013.
- Nonfilers and Filers With Modest Tax Liabilities, 2003 - nonfiling tax units and filers with modest liability by family status, 2003.
- Poverty Thesholds, 1990-2012 - poverty thresholds by size of family and number of related children.
- Relationship Between Tax Entry Thresholds and Poverty, 1980-2021 - Income level at which tax is owed before credits and after credits, for selected years 1980-2010 and 2011-2020 under current law and current policy.
- Share of Wages Paid at the Poverty Level for Individual Federal Taxes, 1970-2011 - share of wages paid in income and payroll taxes for selected years from 1970 to 2011.
- Taxes and Transfers at Various Levels of Poverty, Equal Earnings January – December - Federal taxes and transfers for single parent by state for varying earnings levels with income earned equally throughout the year.
- Taxes and Transfers at Various Levels of Poverty, Equal Earnings July – December - Federal taxes and transfers for single parent by state for varying earnings levels.
- EITC Claims by State 1997-2010 - number of recipients and total and average dollar amounts of credit by state.
- EITC Distribution by Filing Status, 2000, 2003 - number and dollar amount of EITC, by filing status and income.
- EITC Distribution by Number of Qualifying Children 1999-2009 - number and dollar amount of EITC, by number of qualifying children and income.
- EITC, TANF, and Food Stamp Participation Rates, 1990-2008 - chart of EITC, TANF, and food stamp participation rates among families with children.
- Federal Returns with EITC 1999-2009 - income and credit details by AGI and number of qualifying children.
- Historical EITC Parameters - parameters by year from 1975 to 2014, by number of qualifying children since 1991.
- Historical EITC Recipients - number of recipients and dollar amount of credit from 1975 to 2010.
- Spending on the EITC, Child Tax Credit, and AFDC/TANF, 1975 - 2011 - chart of historical real federal spending on tax provisions applying to working poor children.
- State EITC Based on the Federal EITC - amount of state EITC as a percentage of the federal credit for tax years 2000-2010,2013.
- State EITC Participation - participation in refundanble and nonrefundable state EITCs, 1999 and 2003.
- Value of Child Benefits at Various Income Levels, 2010 - value of benefit from dependent exemption, Head of Household filing status, Child Tax Credit, Earned Income Tax Credit, and Making Work Pay credit.